Applications for our September 2020 intake are now closed
- The area covered by the Midlands is very diverse, including areas like Birmingham which is the UK’s second biggest city, and Lincolnshire, which is the second largest English county where the land is predominantly used for agriculture.
- Our regional services include Acute Trusts, Mental Health Trusts, Community Trusts, the Ambulance Trust, GP Practices, Dental Practices, CCGs, Health and Wellbeing Boards, Local Authorities, Education Providers, an Academic Health Science Network, a Clinical Senate and NHS England Area Teams.
- Within our geography we currently have 11 regions, and your placements could be within any of these areas: Birmingham and Solihull; Staffordshire; Shropshire; Black Country; Coventry and Warwickshire; Hereford and Worcester; Derbyshire; Lincolnshire; Nottinghamshire; Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland; Northamptonshire. The map above highlights these areas.
- A placement within the Midlands offers trainees the chance to experience many different parts of the health system as a whole. We include Vanguard sites, a major trauma centre, Stonewall recognised employers, high quality Primary Care Networks and forward thinking Public Health initiatives, to name a few.
- The Midlands also offers some fantastic things to do when you aren’t at work, from areas of historical interest to renowned concert and theatre venues as well as numerous areas of natural beauty, including the Peak District, there is something for everyone!
- The Midlands Leadership and Lifelong Learning team work with the 11 ICSs and STPs, 42 trusts and 39 CCGs that are in the Midlands region to ensure our trainees get a wide range of opportunities and development. You can find out more about the Midlands team and the work they do on our website.