Applications for our September 2020 intake are now closed
North East and Yorkshire
- The North East and Yorkshire region covers locations such as Northumberland, County Durham, Tyne and Wear, Tees Valley, Scarborough, Grimsby, Lincolnshire (North & North East), York, Harrogate and Leeds.
- The area has good transport links, and is well connected by train and road to nearby towns and cities.
- More than 200,000 people work in the NHS across the North East and Yorkshire region. In Yorkshire alone this includes over 4,000 GPs and 39,000 nursing staff.
- There are 22 Acute Trusts, 3 Ambulance Trusts, 10 Community and Mental Health Trusts, 32 CCGs and 1 Specialist Children’s Foundation Trust in the North East and Yorkshire region.
- The region has fantastic culture, some of the best beaches in the UK, rolling countryside, renowned nightlife, low cost of living and friendly people. The Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors and the East Coast are all close by, meaning you’re never short of fresh air and amazing scenery.
- Cutting-edge facilities including: the UK’s first Institute of Transplantation, which has an international reputation for leading-edge transplant surgery for children and adults; the only centre in the UK to provide all complex cardiopulmonary surgery, including heart and lung transplants; and, one of only 14 major children’s medical centres in the UK.
- The map shows the approximate position in the UK and transport links. You could be based anywhere across the region so please choose your region carefully when making your application.